Server Model Affected: Proliant DL380 G4, Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86
I’ve had to deal with an annoying issue just recently – When attempting to install the latest Proliant Support Pack (8.7) on a server, the installation of the SNMP management agents failed to install with a missing dependency. The error was as follows:
Installation for “HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions” requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:
– HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant 100-Series Management Controller Driver for Windows
After a bit of hair pulling, I did succeed in getting the 8.7 Drivers installed. Read on.
It would appear that it is reasonably common practice where upgrading from really old HP drivers to new ones to have to install an intermediate driver to continue to upgrade. Borrowing upon this concept I downloaded the HP Proliant Support Pack 8.3 for Server 2008 x86 and installed. This support pack included the controller driver that was missing in 8.7.
After installing the 8.3 PSP, I was then able to install the 8.7 PSP over the top with no further issues.
Just goes to show theres a reason for keeping those older PSPs around